This is the web site for SMART Recovery in the Triangle area of North Carolina. Meetings are in Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and Raleigh.
SMART Recovery (Self Management And Recovery Training) is a non-profit organization that offers free mutual help groups for abstaining from any substance or addictive behavior. SMART Recovery helps people recover from many types of addictions, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, online games, or other problematic activities. SMART Recovery meetings are free, and everyone is welcome. The meetings offer ideas and tools which allow people to:
- Build and maintain motivation to abstain.
- Learn to cope with urges and cravings.
- Manage recovery and related life issues in rational, problem-solving ways.
- Develop a balanced lifestyle based on enduring personal values.
• SMART supports whatever works for the individual. One size does not fit all. We think that each person will benefit from implementing a program of recovery based on what works for him/her. SMART Recovery offers an extensive tool kit that people can draw from.
Please click on the Meeting Schedule page for the location and time of our meetings.