We currently have local meetings in Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Cary, Greensboro, Fuquay-Varina, Smithfield, and Raleigh, with nationwide meeting schedules available at http://www.smartrecovery.org.
SMART Recovery (Self Management And Recovery Training) is a non-profit organization that offers free behavioral science-based mutual support groups for abstaining from any substance or addictive behavior. SMART Recovery helps people recover from many types of addictions, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, online gaming, and more.
These meetings are free, and everyone is welcome. Each meeting offers ideas and tools which assist people to:
- Build and maintain motivation to abstain from harmful substances or activities.
- Cope with urges and cravings that may occur in daily life.
- Manage different life issues in rational, problem-solving ways.
- Develop a balanced lifestyle based on their own personal values.
• SMART is abstinence based, but supports whatever works for the individual. One size does NOT fit all. We think that each individual will benefit from implementing a program of recovery based on what works best for them. SMART Recovery offers an extensive tool kit that people can draw from to help stay focused on their recovery in different situations.
Please click on the Meeting Schedule page for the location and time of our meetings.